- Monday Watercolor Workshop, series of classes starting January 9, 2017 at the Iowa City/Johnson County Senior Center (Iowa City, IA; membership is not required for this course)
- Retreat day out in the country, two separate Saturday retreats, May 6 and July 15, 2017 at the Coverdale farm home (near Nevada, IA)
- Contact me (email firstname.lastname@example.org) if you’d like to plan a class, workshop, or retreat.
- Sunday, April 23, 2017, 5 – 7 p.m.: ArtiFactory’s Life Drawing Drop-In at Beadology (Iowa City, IA)
- Ceramic Story Wall at St. Thomas Aquinas Church (Ames, IA)
- Painted doors at The Nest retreat center at Hen & Chicks Studio (Conrad, IA)
- Catiri’s Art Oasis (Amana, IA; 319-622-3969)
- Ed & Eva’s (Greenfield, IA; 641-743-2566)
- Iowa Artisans Gallery (Iowa City, IA; 319-351-8686)
- The Old Bank Art Gallery (Whalan, MN; 507-467-2535)
Mondays, 9:30 a.m.–2:00 p.m.
on the following dates:
January 9 and 30,
February 6 and 27,
March 6 and 20, and
April 3 and 24, 2017
28 S Linn St
Iowa City IA 52240
Phone (319) 356-5220
(See link to the latest Program Guide in the left-hand column)
$170.00 for the series (supplies not included)
If you enjoy watercolor painting, come enjoy three and a half hours of bliss in the Monday Watercolor Workshop. Bring your travel photos or images that excite you and we will compose and discover the best part. We begin with basic drawing, principles of design, perspective, value, repetition of shapes, colors, and most of all, story. I will demonstrate daily basic brush work and color mixing on the paper.
Bring a sketchbook, photos, paints, brushes, paper and a sack lunch. I’ll provide a supply list, handouts and homework.
You can register online or see the Spring Program Guide for more information. Registration is required, but membership in the Senior Center is not required for this class. “The program is designed for people near or beyond 50 years of age.”
Two separate retreats are coming up,
- Saturday, May 6, 2017
- Saturday, July 15, 2017
9 a.m. – 2 p.m. on each day
Coverdale farm house near Nevada, IA (central Iowa)
$35.00 per student per day (see description below for what is included)
Join us for a playful day of watercolor! Judy and Mike Coverdale have a beautiful setting to paint, out in the country with a creek, trees and gardens. We can focus a bit on drawing and composition and move into painting. Bring along your ideas and photos and we will help you paint them.
Price includes a simple soup lunch. I will bring one sheet of 140 lb. watercolor paper for each person and a few supplies for new painters. Others can bring their own watercolor supplies. Mike suggests I inform folks that there are a couple of cats in the house, in case that is a concern.
There is room for a maximum of 10 people on each date. Send me an email (email@example.com) if you’d like to join in.
Sunday, April 23, 2017
5 – 7 p.m.
Please arrive promptly to join the session.
220 E Washington St
Iowa City IA 52240
Phone (319) 338-1566
$8.00/person (“bring exact change if you can”)
Drawing the figure is captivating and challenging. The figure may later inhabit our landscapes and scenes. Bring your drawing and sketching supplies for this monthly session of life drawing with a live model sponsored by ArtiFactory. There is a fee of $8 to help cover the cost of the model. (I plan on not teaching at this time, but may get a class going later on.)
St. Thomas Aquinas Church and Catholic Student Center
2210 Lincoln Way
Ames IA 50014
Phone (515) 292-3810
STA Art on the church website
Stories from the Bible depicted in a tableau 20 feet high.
The Nest retreat center, upstairs at
Hen & Chicks Studio
101 N Main St
Conrad IA 50621
Phone (641) 366-3336
Hen & Chicks Studio is a quilting and scrapbooking store owned by Heidi Kaisand in Conrad, Iowa in southern Grundy County. I painted doors to divide and decorate the space in the creative retreat center (“The Nest”) on the second floor. Stop in and take a look!