- Figure Drawing and Painting in Downtown Iowa City, twice a month this summer beginning June 11, 2018, drop-in classes starting at the Iowa City/Johnson County Senior Center and venturing into downtown Iowa City (open to all ages, no registration required; $25.00/person per session)
- Contact me (email email@example.com) if you’d like to plan a class, workshop, or retreat.
- Monday, July 16, 2018, 10:00 a.m.–12:00 noon: next session for Figure Drawing and Painting in Downtown Iowa City (drop-in class, no registration required; $25.00/person per session; bring your own supplies).
- Ongoing: ArtiFactory’s Life Drawing Drop-In sessions are offered on the first Saturday and third Sunday of the month — see the ArtiFactory’s website for more information (I’m not teaching at these sessions).
- Iowa Watercolor Society’s 2017–2018 Traveling Show
- Ceramic Story Wall at St. Thomas Aquinas Church (Ames, IA)
- Ames, IA: Wheatsfield Co-op (515-232-4094, cards when available)
- Burlington, IA: Art Center of Burlington (319-754-8069, bird prints, cards, some original watercolors)
- Greenfield, IA: Ed & Eva’s (641-743-2566)
- Iowa City, IA: Iowa Artisans Gallery (319-351-8686)
- West Des Moines, IA: Artisan Gallery 218 (515-255-0218)
Mondays, 10:00 a.m.–12:00 noon
on the following dates:
June 11 and 25,
July 16 and 30, and
August 6 and 20, 2018
Downtown Iowa City, starting at
The Center, Room 211
28 S Linn St
Iowa City IA 52240
Phone (319) 356-5220
(See link to the latest Program Guide in the left-hand column)
$25.00/person per session; bring your own supplies
No registration required; drop in for one or all sessions!
The figure often adds life to a scene. Please join us to draw/paint animated figures in the downtown area. We will begin at the Senior Center and venture out into the cool summer mornings, capturing the sunlight casting over the figure to show facial form and folds on clothing. I’ll have handouts and instruction on proportion, value, and skin tones. We will work from volunteer models, and each other as models. Bring a folding chair, sketchbook and drawing/painting materials you enjoy. Drop in for one session or all of them! Open to all ages. This program is organized by the ArtiFactory.
(Note: As of the last time I checked, the date listing for this class on the Center’s online registration site is incorrect. The class meets only on the Mondays listed above, two times each month.)
The Iowa Watercolor Society’s Traveling Show is a selection of works from a variety of Iowa artists, chosen each year from the Society’s juried exhibition. I’m honored to have one of my paintings (After the Rain, We Play, shown here) in the 2017–2018 show which will travel to: (contact galleries for exact dates/times)
Farnham Galleries (Willis Gallery) at Simpson College (Indianola, IA)
Schedule information is from the Traveling Show page of IWS’s website, where you can find more details plus a preview of the exhibit!
St. Thomas Aquinas Church and Catholic Student Center
2210 Lincoln Way
Ames IA 50014
Phone (515) 292-3810
STA Art on the church website
Stories from the Bible depicted in a tableau 20 feet high.