- Contact me (email firstname.lastname@example.org) if you’d like to plan a class, workshop, or retreat.
- May 31 – June 2, 2019: I’ll have a space inside Iowa Artisans Gallery during this year’s Iowa Arts Festival (downtown Iowa City, IA), while outside under a tent, my watercolor class members will be taking turns demonstrating. The Iowa Arts Festival is “an award-winning, weekend-long community celebration featuring over 110 local and national visual artists,” so check out all the activities if you’re in town!
June 29 – 30, 2019: I’ll have a booth at this year’s ArtFest Midwest in the Varied Industries Building at Iowa State Fairgrounds (Des Moines, IA).
“Explore ArtFest Midwest, an annual juried fine art event and Iowa’s largest fine arts show. Held the same weekend as the downtown art show, ArtFest Midwest features Iowa and regional artists. Over 250 artists participate during the festival, varying in mediums and styles.”
- Ongoing: ArtiFactory’s Life Drawing Drop-In sessions are offered on the first Saturday and third Sunday of the month — see the ArtiFactory’s website for more information (I’m not teaching at these sessions).
- Water Color Exhibit along with artists Louise O’Donnell and Mayela Fonseca, July 1 – August 29, 2019 at Maquoketa Art Experience (Maquoketa, IA)
- Ceramic Story Wall at St. Thomas Aquinas Church (Ames, IA)
- Ames, IA: Octagon Center for the Arts (515-232-5331; pillows, prints, stretched fabric print and some original watercolors when available)
- Ames, IA: Wheatsfield Co-op (515-232-4094; cards when available)
- Burlington, IA: Art Center of Burlington (319-754-8069; bird prints, cards, some original watercolors)
- Greenfield, IA: Ed & Eva’s (641-743-2566)
- Iowa City, IA: Iowa Artisans Gallery (319-351-8686)
- West Des Moines, IA: Artisan Gallery 218 (515-255-0218)
- Online (new!): Now you can order Creating for a Cause products online at (new address) Shop to Shelter for Lila Mae’s House (external website)
During gallery hours,
July 1 – August 29, 2019
Maquoketa Art Experience
124 S Main St
PO Box 993
Maquoketa IA 52060
Phone (563) 652-9925
I’m exhibiting along with artists Louise O’Donnell and Mayela Fonseca for this display of our watercolor work. We all paint portraits and the figure. Mayela Fonseca is President of the Iowa Watercolor Society and brought Janet Rogers to Iowa, whose workshop we took and enjoyed. Mayela does more portrait painting while I do more moving figure. I’ve painted with Louise O’Donnell for many years and she is known for her wonderful pastels in addition to watercolor.
St. Thomas Aquinas Church and Catholic Student Center
2210 Lincoln Way
Ames IA 50014
Phone (515) 292-3810
STA Art on the church website
Stories from the Bible depicted in a tableau 20 feet high.