I’m teaching online watercolor classes via Zoom. Send me an email (email@example.com) if you’d like to join us!April dates for Monet’s Garden Watercolor Class (details at link):
- Fridays, April 2, 9, 16, and 23, 2021 (no class on April 30), 2 p.m.–4 p.m. Central time, $25.00 for 2 hours of online instruction.
- Saturdays, April 3, 10, 17, and 24, 2021 (no class on May 1), 10 a.m.–12 noon Central time, $25.00 for 2 hours of online instruction.
- Ongoing: ArtiFactory’s Life Drawing Drop-In sessions have been suspended for now — see the ArtiFactory’s website for any updates and online events.
- The Iowa Watercolor Society’s online Members Show includes one of my South Beach-inspired paintings. Take a virtual stroll through a variety of works by artists throughout the state!
- Ceramic Story Wall at St. Thomas Aquinas Church (Ames, IA)
- Amana, IA: Catiri’s Art Oasis (319-622-3969; bird prints, some original watercolors)
- Ames, IA: Octagon Center for the Arts (515-232-5331; pillows, prints, stretched fabric print and some original watercolors when available)
- Ames, IA: Wheatsfield Co-op (515-232-4094; cards when available)
- Burlington, IA: Art Center of Burlington (319-754-8069; bird prints, cards, some original watercolors)
- Greenfield, IA: Ed & Eva’s (641-743-2566; bird prints, cards, some original watercolors)
- Iowa City, IA: Iowa Artisans Gallery (319-351-8686; original watercolors when available)
- West Des Moines, IA: Artisan Gallery 218 (515-255-0218; original watercolors when available)
- Online: You can order products to benefit Lila Mae’s House online at Shop to Shelter for Lila Mae’s House (external website, shoptoshelter.com) or see the Creating for a Cause page for more information on “products with a purpose.”
April 2, 9, 16, and 23, 2021
2 p.m.–4 p.m. Central time
(no class on April 30)
April 3, 10, 17, and 24, 2021
10 a.m.–12 noon Central time
(no class on May 1)
Online via Zoom
Each Friday or Saturday session,
$25.00 for 2 hours of online instruction
In April we will be painting Monet’s Garden, focusing on water, trees and flowers. We’ll work from a photo, a value sketch, and a color palette before we start painting. After warm-up exercises I’ll demonstrate creating a watercolor painting, emphasizing the lesson for the day, and you can paint along with me. A watercolor supply list is provided, but use whatever you are comfortable with.
Friday’s class will be a drawing and a little simpler painting class, and we’ll use the same subject the following day in Saturday’s class. I’ve started a system of using the same subject two weeks in a row, with different warmup exercises each week, so class members can more easily complete a painting without feeling rushed. Those comfortable with finishing a painting more quickly can branch out with their own subjects.
Send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you’d like to join us for any or all of the sessions! I’ll send payment information; then the day before each class, I’ll send the Zoom link to those whose payment I’ve received. Registration closes (the payment link is deactivated) at 5 p.m. Central time on the day before each class, or sooner if the class is full.
The Iowa City/Johnson County Senior Center’s website has helpful instructions for using Zoom.
St. Thomas Aquinas Church and Catholic Student Center
2210 Lincoln Way
Ames IA 50014
Phone (515) 292-3810
STA Art on the church website
Stories from the Bible depicted in a tableau 20 feet high.